Thursday, September 10, 2009

Big Goverment


“Big” is the word that is used.
Big is shouted through microphones and heard on car radios
b….i….g
big is the word that is used
spit out like venom
absorbed like fodder
spewed again like a dollop of sperm
big
a word with no meaning
a word that carries your red and your black and the blindness of white

the echoes have reverberated through generations
man to boy
a gap, then
man to boy again
“big government,” they whisper the words in dreams
it explodes in their hands with another release
it feels so good to say
so… fucking…. good

they shout
they cry
their pale skin grows red in the sun
take the “ B” from a tv ad
take the “I” from a politician
take the “G” from a radio show

now chant
now scream
tell the boys
tell the men
understanding is an ocean away
a drifting cloud
a moon that never rises
the word moves through your fingers like piss down a drain
you call after it
“bbiiiiiggggggg!!!”

“big govement”

the fears are already here.
They are already chained
Can you not see the blood?
My life
If I swallow what I want to, it is in my life
And you are here, in it
If I fuck the way I want, they are already here
You say it’s wrong
If I strangle my lover, they come
They take me away
Another interference
They are here
Big is here

Big….massive….government….involvement…..everyday….lives

It is here
Warped and huge
It is here
It has been here
All along.

No comments: